Tuesday, January 31, 2012

6 Month Anniversary

Yesterday was our 6 month anniversary. We really couldn't believe we had been married for 6 months. Married life is wonderful! Like I said in earlier posts, it's just so "freeing". Free to be yourself and free from temptations. Daniel has been so supportive, encouraging and loving (even when I cry for no reason- it's a girl/hormone thing!). In honor of our anniversary, we decided to eat BBQ shrimp. That was the first meal I made as a married woman. I know, I know, the shrimp were left over from the wedding, but I still made the sauce and salad. 

Shelley and Tyler in our old apartment

"finna eat"

last night's... butter, italian, worcestershire, seasonings and more butter


After dinner, Daniel turned on our wedding video. I cried... and cried... and cried some more. He kept asking me, "Are you sad?" I wasn't sad, just realizing we're about to have a child and TIME IS FLYING. I'm really glad we had a videographer. If you're planning a wedding, get one! Your kids will appreciate it. I wish I had my parent's wedding on video. Side note, you're welcome for the fans! Everyone sitting had one... and was using it. It was a hot July day. Thanks for celebrating with us and making that day so special! This is the link to the blogpost about our wedding. I'm so happy I wrote all of this down. 


 Here are a few photos:


(photo by: Jeannie Frey Rhodes)




(photo by: Jeannie Frey Rhodes)

It was a perfect day.

Here's an update on The Sims Family: We will be admitted to Woman's Hospital (not River Oaks) on Wednesday (February 1) at 5:30 P.M. They will start the inducing process, and she'll be here on Thursday! Daniel and I are incredibly anxious for her to get here. We've had some extra stressors with insurance and hospitals. That's the last thing I want to be worried about. Please continue to keep all 3 of us in your prayers. We are very excited about the gift God has given us. (James 1:17)


Isaiah 41:10 fear not, for I am with you; be not dismayed, for I am your God; I will strengthen you, I will help you, I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.




Matthew 11:28-29 Come to me, all who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you, and learn from me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls.

Colossians 3:15 And let the peace of Christ rule in your hearts, to which indeed you were called in one body. And be thankful.


No comments:

Post a Comment