Sunday, July 24, 2011

i need thee every hour

I keep telling myself I'm going to blog more than once a week, but I can't slow down to get my thoughts together. 



Last weekend, Kelli's mom (Mawee), Kelli Dart and Jessie (Kelli's sister) and I headed to Denham Springs to antique shop! I love going to Denham and especially spending time with the Whites. Daniel and I really got to know Mawee last year at youth camp. She was begging Daniel to go ahead and propose. Needless to say, she was really excited when she found out we were getting married. Anyway, this place was going out of business and I found this really cute piece of furniture! It will be a PERFECT TV stand. 

Natalie, Patrick, Mawee, me and Daniel at Lee University

Jessi White and Josephine Dart

New piece - only picture!

On Sunday momma left for DC. She was there until Thursday for work. I was so glad she got to experience different scenery this month. She has been more than WONDERFUL with all the wedding planning! I usually don't make decisions, because I know she has good taste. It's probably bad to put all the planning on my mom, but I have no idea where to start. I also thought it would be cheaper (and more personal) to have the wedding at our house. Turns out, it was way more expensive here, but at least it's going toward the house and not a reception hall. I don't feel too too bad because my mom will have a "new" house after next weekend. It looks so good!! Now stop raining. 

 Momma's tourist pictures 


Senior night at Silliman (softball)

On Wednesday, I moved my furniture/ frames/ bedding/ etc. to Starkville! We weren't able to move in until Sunday (today), but it was good quality time with my "deed-ie". He picked me up around 6:30ish and we were on our way. The drive was more fun than loading and unloading all the furniture - duh. Dad and I got to talk about life, wedding, the bank, AAU basketball, Silliman and LSU sports, of course. I really enjoyed the 4 hour drive with my dad. I'm sure that will be the last time we take a father/daughter road-trip. My fondest memories with my dad have to be trips to see Riley play AAU summer basketball in College Station (Texas A&M). I was 10 years old and made every trip to A&M (even John Preston's football camps). I can remember begging daddy to go bowling. We went twice in one day - I was am so spoiled. Our favorite place to eat was "Deluxe Diner"  by A&M's campus. One day we ventured out to Washington on the Brazos. We passed a sign that read, "Nudist Colony" and if you know my dad AT ALL, you know he embarrassed me. I will never forget those trips. On with the story... we unloaded all the furniture into Daniel's apartment on Wednesday. Lunch was at my favorite place in Starkville, Lil Doey's. After lunch, dad went on his way. I'm sure he was exhausted when he got to Zachary, LA.

Back to Starkville!

This never happens.

jamming Daniel's apartment


LSU/Mississippi State game


Washington on the Brazos

After this, daddy tried to invite us to a black family reunion... embarrassed, again. 

memories

Tried to find pictures of Riley playing AAU, but I don't want to venture to the attic. I googled her and here's Tulane's article on Riley being recruited. 


Riley's tournament in Orlando

Those 2 days were so much fun! I got to catch up with newly engaged, Lauren Host, lunch with Miss Jenni Lynn Tabb and sleepovers with Shelley Pensworth. That night we ate dinner at Peppers, got Local Culture and red boxed Country Strong. It was a very relaxing night for the both of us. Thursday was dreadful. I had printed off 10 resumes and planned to hit various places for jobs. I was so scared. Before I went into businesses or agencies, I just took a deep breath and swallowed my pride. After the 6th resume, I called it quits. I had sent in a lot over the internet and felt like I ran out of businesses to nag. After running around in the rain, I had lunch with Jenni Lynn Tabb at Oby's. The food was good, but the company was great. I cannot believe she and Whitney will be seniors... just blows my mind. Jenni Lynn is always positive and easy going. She lifts my spirits and reminds me everything will be just perfect. Can't wait to see you on Saturday, JLT

LSU game - Anna, Sally Beth, Jessica, me, Jenni Lynn and Whitney

Swap Sophomore year - Whitney, me and Jenni Lynn

Bid Day 2008 - me, Whitney, Jenni Lynn and Anna Clemmer


Saturday night, Daniel, Tyler, Crawford, Shelley, Thomas and me went to La Terraza... for some reason I wanted mexican really bad. Yes, I soon regretted every bite, but whatever.  It was delicious. After mexican we went to Local Culture... why? I do not know. Before we got there, my friend, Kameryn told me the fetus was a PEACH. So what type of frozen yogurt do you think I got??? PEACH! It was only appropriate - good night with great friends! 

Please get her to tell you the story of the pick-up line... poor guy. 

Strombolis got a face lift - I'm indifferent


Shelley found a recliner!

Daniel torturing Tyler... are you surprised?

what we did for 2 days - laughed 

Crawford, coors or sangria? Kidding.

I love this. Daniel looks miserable as he writes a tip - typical. 


Friday morning was very stressful for me. I had a meeting with my advisor, Jan Cooper Taylor at 9 AM. I was so scared of what she was going to tell me. Like I said before, I have finished all of my classes, but I am required to finish an internship with youth to graduate. I currently have 208 of 480 hours completed. I started off the conversation as, "I understand if this won't work out. I can do a new internship next year." I was giving up. She quickly told me not to. We researched options and talked about how this degree would pay off for my family in the long run. All yesterday I was so uptight about getting a job and today she tells me I won't be able to have a job. Can you imagine what was going through my mind? "I know I need to finish school. I need a job to eat. I want to provide for Daniel. My mom and dad will make sure I graduate. I am so close to finishing. I need a job." Of course I was a total basket-case and hormones were running wild. Dr. Taylor told me I would need to complete a research project (hard work) for First Presbyterian Church in Jackson that would be worth 100 hours. I looked at the layout and loved the topics I was going to write about. That wasn't work for me - discipline to read and research more. Then she tells me I can "work" at Community Counseling to get my other 200 hours. It would be free labor, but what internships aren't these days? The good part about community counseling is, I'll be done in October!

Me, Dr. Taylor and Anna Brantley

Hopefully I can babysit for November and half of December. We'll see how everything works out! I was so scared to tell Daniel that morning I would not have a job. At first, he didn't understand, but realized I needed to finish school. He was great about it and all I could do was cry. I felt like I let him down and our family. This will be a major growing time in the Word for Daniel and me. We will need to trust God more than ever as we live in Starkville... without income and spending savings. Sacrifice will be my best friend - ok, I'm learning. It's going to be hard, but we can do it... even if it's without cable... or a honeymoon. Daniel told me on the way home, "He provided us a place to live... do you not think He's going to provide in the future? We need to learn how to trust." He hit the nail on the head. I was losing trust and looking down. Daniel and my family were very supportive of me finishing my degree at Mississippi State

(ultimate sacrifice)


Zzzzz... 


Just took a nice nap - recovering from the busy week. Mom and Mark are currently talking to the caterer in the living room, but I'm not ready to jump back into wedding stuff right now. I'll pretend I'm still asleep... oops. 

Daniel and I were really pushed for time on Friday. Robert Roth, jeweler in Baton Rouge, made our wedding bands. He was closing at 6 PM... for a week. We made it there just in time then had dinner with my dad and Mrs. Charel at Palmetto Grill (location of the rehearsal dinner). I was so glad Daniel got to eat there before next Friday - it was delicious! I got my favorite, shrimp and grits. I know this little peach is going to love seafood, grits and cereal. That's all I have eaten... ok, and a lot of chicken salad. After dinner, we headed to Clinton to see my mom and Mr. Henry. I was ready to sit and talk with momma since she'd been gone since Sunday. I missed her so much! 

Riley's wedding last May



Senior brunch at the Chi Omega house

Daniel and I went to sleep early, because we had ENGAGEMENT pictures the next morning at 10 AM in Baton Rouge. I was really excited about these pictures. I knew Jeannie would be quick and traditional. I love black and white pictures. They bring me back to my childhood. After the shoot, Jeanie did something she calls "not professional". She gave me a CD. I wanted some engagement pictures at the wedding and this was the only way for mom and me to choose. These are not retouched so don't look too closely. All in all, the pictures turned out great! I am ready to see the wedding proofs now :)




my favorite!

After lunch, we ran a few errands then had lunch with Kelly Mills and his friend, Claire. We really enjoyed catching up with them about the summer - Kelly had no idea about sir or madam peach. He kept telling us to get a dog before having a kid. Daniel and I would just look at each other and laugh. They're off to see Kelly's twin brother, Keegan, in Cashiers, North Carolina today. Keegan, Daniel's little Sigma Chi brother, is in the PGA program at Mississippi State and currently doing an internship in Cashiers. Seeing them brought a little bit of MSU home. 

Keegan and Daniel

group that came down for the MSU/LSU game - at the Mills' house

Saturday afternoon was Marley Marie's 1st birthday party! Marley is Jaye Marley's (Betsy's brother) little girl. Everyone went to Mama Nan's for a pool party and food. Marley had the best time and the cutest flower pot cake! This makes me want a girl. Their clothes are precious... and you can never have enough of them, right? We were talking earlier and my mom is going to love being a grandmother. She can't contain herself when it comes to baby clothes... I'm ok with that!


birthday girl and her momma!



Saturday was a productive day for everyone. Mom's friends had volunteered to also clean the house on Saturday. They all (14ish) got here around 8:30 and a few stayed until 7ish. Our house is spotless... like nothing in the drawers and closets cleaned out. It's so nice! I am so thankful they came to help momma. People in Clinton have this drive to help - I guess that's because there's nothing else to do. Thanks to everyone who helped clean the house! I am scared to touch anything this week. 

5 days!

new brick

Mrs. Jeffrie washing dishes

dining room






new headboard 

Today, Sunday, has been so lazy. I debated on going to church, but I couldn't. Last Sunday the older women in the church made me cry- not a bad cry. At the welcome they told me how much they loved me and so on. They cried, then I cried - not really ready for all the attention at church. I KNOW everyone means well, but I go to a smaller church where everyone wants to tell you they love you. That's GREAT and all, but I wanted to fade into the background. So after breakfast, Daniel left and headed back to Starkville with all our gifts. Six more days and we can finally stop leaving each other - what a day that will be! I hate telling him bye. For lunch, Judy, Mama Nan, momma and Sue cooked a large (we can never cook for just 35, it has to be for 60 - at least) meal. We were celebrating Bennett, Talmadge and Marley's birthdays. The food was DELICIOUS. The dessert probably pushed me into that sugar coma I just woke up from... homemade ice cream, bread pudding, chocolate cake and an ice cream cake. I should be on the LGN (look good naked) diet, but I couldn't help myself. I love food. After lunch, we cleared off the kitchen table and made bird seed bags. The old tradition must carry on. It was a family affair and I appreciate everyone who helped! 






Marley's first $100 from Mama Nan


My favorite part about the wedding is unwrapping gifts :) Every day we get more gifts delivered in Clinton. It excites me to open them then send Daniel pictures. Thank you notes aren't the best, but it's worth it! 



Well, the little PEACH is 3 inches long, I suppose. I am slowly gaining weight and using the restroom during the night (annoying). Daniel and I talk a a lot about the little peanut, but I'm still not comfortable with everything. On the way to Starkville, dad and I started talking about insurance, money, baby, etc. I explained to him that I was numb to the whole baby situation. I know that sounds crazy and unloving, but I am not a baby person. He told me I wasn't excited because I have a wedding in a week, but I barely think about it. I don't hold babies, none of them are cute to me... I'm just numb to the whole idea of actually having one. When people ask I tend to change the subject. I hope to get more excited after the wedding. It's sad when I think about not having feelings, but I can't make my emotions change. With Daniel being so anxious, it helps my mindset. I can't wait to see his face on Saturday :) 

I apologize for not adding scripture and encouragement throughout this post. I will be honest, I have been neglecting the most important thing. I wake up thinking, "What do I need to get done?" rather than, "Thank you, Lord for another day to worship You." It's a struggle for me right now. The Word is the only thing I NEED and I'm doing everything except studying it. This wedding will pass, but the Word is everlasting. Child, you're forgiven and loved. Please pray for Daniel and me as we prepare for the baby peach and guidance. We are very serious about raising a child by Biblical principles. It will be very hard, but I know we can do it. 

Thank you for reading these flighty posts - I promise they will be more organized when we settle down. I am just all over the map. Love you all

i need thee every hour.






No comments:

Post a Comment