Friday, February 3, 2012

She's here and healthy!

Miss Harper Lee Sims


This will not be long since Harper will be back in our room for another feeding in... 2 hours. I need some rest! Here's a quick update. She's perfect. The end. Just kidding (kinda). She's doing really well! Mom and dad are also doing great. Last night was the best sleep I've gotten in a long time. The nurse would bring her in to feed every 3 hours then I would go back to bed. Daniel and I just hated to send her to the nursery, but we knew we needed our sleep. Yesterday was life changing. I can't wait to blog about it (not every detail, of course). Let me just say, the mommy instinct has kicked in. Daniel and I could not be happier. He is also a pro at this daddy thing. It is so sweet to watch him interact with her. 


Also, THANK YOU for the sweet comments, text messages, visitors, presents, flowers, Instagram pictures and Twitter shout outs!!! We were so overwhelmed by the responses. We have great families and friends! I have read every text message and almost every wall post. We're just enjoying the time we have with Harper Lee. I apologize if I don't respond, but know Daniel and I really appreciate it! Y'all are the best (really)! We feel so incredibly loved. 

Children are a gift from the Lord. 
Psalm 127:3

No comments:

Post a Comment