Thursday, June 23, 2011

we pray for blessings

This song, "Blessings" by Laura Story has been our theme song. 

Blessings by Laura Story (click to see the video)

We pray for blessings
We pray for peace
Comfort for family, protection while we sleep
We pray for healing, for prosperity
We pray for Your mighty hand to ease our suffering
All the while, You hear each spoken need
Yet love us way too much to give us lesser things

Cause what if Your blessings come through raindrops
What if Your healing comes through tears
What if a thousand sleepless nights 
Are what it takes to know You’re near
What if trials of this life are Your mercies in disguise

We pray for wisdom
Your voice to hear
And we cry in anger when we cannot feel You near
We doubt Your goodness, we doubt Your love
As if every promise from Your Word is not enough
All the while, You hear each desperate plea
And long that we'd have faith to believe

Cause what if Your blessings come through raindrops
What if Your healing comes through tears
What if a thousand sleepless nights 
Are what it takes to know You’re near
And what if trials of this life are Your mercies in disguise

When friends betray us
When darkness seems to win
We know the pain reminds this heart
That this is not, this is not our home
It's not our home

Cause what if Your blessings come through raindrops
What if Your healing comes through tears
And what if a thousand sleepless nights
Are what it takes to know You’re near
What if my greatest disappointments
Or the aching of this life
Is the revealing of a greater thirst this world can’t satisfy
And what if trials of this life
The rain, the storms, the hardest nights
Are Your mercies in disguise


This post will show you how God has provided (and was planning this):


#1: I was planning to live with Libbo and Katherine Ross from July 2011 to July 2012. I decided to stay with the Millers with no idea what the fall would bring (job, life, etc.) I decided against signing a lease because of job insecurity. I continued to live happily with the Millers (Riley's in-laws... who are so special to me). 


#2: Daniel didn't need to take summer school, but decided to take 2 of his hardest classes in June to put him ahead. We later found out he could take 2 more classes in July and finish in December with 18 hours (one being an elective). That was HUGE. If we are going to be a family in early February, he needs to be out of school. We were so happy to find that out! 


#3: Daniel and Tyler Ellis were also in a 12 month lease with their 2 bedroom apartment. We knew we had to move to Starkville and find something small and cheap (quick). One day I was talking to Whitney Hedgepeth and she mentioned her friends were looking for a 2 bedroom apartment. She called Daniel and gave him the contact. The guys came and looked at it yesterday and want to rent it! It was also convenient that Drew Norwood had an extra bed at the Sigma Chi house for Tyler to stay. Drew is also leaving in the spring semester so Tyler will have a room all to himself. Now Tyler is situated, the renters are pleased and Daniel is in the process of finding us a one bedroom! Everything has worked out with the housing situation.




#4: Well, here's another curve ball. Daniel was just diagnosed with hemochromatosis - a disorder that results in too much iron being absorbed from the gastrointestinal tract. Usually when you get married, you're dropped from your parent's insurance- not anymore thanks to Obama-care! Daniel and his dad were panicking to find some insurance. "Blue cross will deny me. Student insurance isn't good. We're going to be broke. You might have to move the wedding if I can't get insurance." That's how frazzled he was. I knew it would workout, because I was not moving this wedding. What didn't make the situation better was me saying, "We'll just pay for it. I have savings." If you know Daniel, he didn't like that. We had yet another talk about money and how you just can't pay for things to go away. I learned I can't touch that money, because we would be broke in a month... but I would look cute for a football game! Anywho, money is another subject. But... we did find out Daniel has insurance- biggest relief! 



#5: Last but not least, I quit my job (makes me cringe every time I think about it). I LOVED my job! I loved Jackson and the atmosphere of working in a church. And for crying out loud, I had to listen to Ligon Duncan every Sunday... hate that! Not. Well in order for me to graduate from Mississippi State, I have to complete an internship working with youth (480 hours + projects). Upon quitting, I knew I would have to end my internship and start again next fall. My dad currently pays out-of-state tuition and that money would be long gone if this internship was terminated (sorry, dad). I will become a Mississippi resident in April of 2012 so I couldn't do an internship in the spring either. So the church has been VERY gracious to let me complete my internship at home. I will "do research for Ligon Duncan". Again, hate that! I'm not sure how this is going to work out, and I'm still waiting to get the "okay" from Jan Cooper Taylor. If it does workout, I know God is planning it. Not that I ever doubted He wasn't, but everything has fallen into place. We are forgiven and loved.

  

We pray for wisdom
Your voice to hear
And we cry in anger when we cannot feel You near
We doubt Your goodness, we doubt Your love
As if every promise from Your Word is not enough
All the while, You hear each desperate plea
And long that we'd have faith to believe

I continue to thank God for where He has provided and will provide. He knows what's best for Daniel and me. He won't let us go without. Of course we didn't plan this, but He is guiding us. Remember to count your blessings... name them one by one. Count your many blessings see what God has done. My southern Baptist grandmother, June would be proud. 



Oh, the olive inside is still in hibernation. Thanks Kameryn for sending me sizes in food. Love y'all. 

Headed to Jackson to finally see friends for Libbo Haskins' birfday! See you soon. Did I mention I'm an extrovert and get energy from other people? I'm excited! Here's a kitten in your honor, Libbers. 

No comments:

Post a Comment